Wednesday, November 9, 2011

How I stole 23,562,114 third class stamps from the United States Postal Service

I've surely gained your attention with that title.  This blog isn't offered as a "how to" guide and I certainly don't offer it as a motivational tool either.  Truth is, I technically didn't steal 23 plus million stamps.  I did, through a sophisticated scheme as characterized by the government, gain credit for purchase of that number of stamps and offset it against other postage due.

That scheme, along with two others defrauded the USPS of  approximately $3.8 MILLION dollars in one of the largest schemes to defraud ever perpetrated on the USPS.  At least that is what the government and the USPS would have you believe

I was sentenced on September 30, 2011 in the Federal Court Building in St. Louis to 51 months of incarceration (pending appeal) to be served at the Marion Prison Camp in Marion, IL.  My name is Scott Gray and I would like to share my story.

It is a story of incredible incompetence, indifference, fraud and ultimate lack of accountability displayed by the United States Postal Service.  I offer it for many reasons; to educate my community, my former clients, employees and a general public that is becoming dramatically less reliant on this quasi government agency.  As the USPS desperately looks for assistance to "find its way" I hope this story offers some insight into the systemic problems and mindset that have turned this iconic institution into the embarrassment it has now become.

In my relationship with the USPS I've encountered numerous postal employees throughout the country that are courteous, helpful, dedicated individuals that have served the USPS well.  This blog is dedicated to those of you who truly don't give a damn!

I'll offer it up in doses/chapters in the coming days.  I'll attempt to get much of the story told before my departure to "camp".   I'll share documents, emails, audio files, etc. to share a story the government made every effort to hide.  I encourage comments on my story or to share comments of your own dissatisfaction with the USPS.  The story of SG Print & Mail is clouded by the actions of ex-employees who have significantly benefited financially from SG's closing.  I'll share the story of those individuals as well.  I have nothing to hide and look forward to sharing with you my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment